Thursday 9 April 2015

Oahu, Hawaii

Oahu, Hawaii - Being a Beach Bum

Day Fourteen

After my jam-packed time as a tourist, I decided to do what the locals and Americans do while in Hawaii... Go to the beach. I spent most of my time either reading or swimming.


I also had the pleasure of sampling some of America's finest cuisine... The burger. I think I went to about four or five restaurants while in Hawaii where the only dining options were fish or burgers... Or fish burgers. As I don't eat fish...


Day Fifteen

Today I spent the whole day at the beach, it was excellent. I got there at about 10am and stayed to watch the sunset. With out a doubt one of the most relaxing days of my trip so far!


Day Sixteen

Today I did washing, which was a bit boring, but unfortunately very necessary, as I ready for the next stage of my journey. After all my clothes were clean and packed away, I headed down to the beach for a relaxing afternoon. At around 5pm I realised I hadn't eaten anything today, so I headed to Lulu's Bra and Grill for... A burger!

While eating my dinner I watched the sunset from the deck, which was absolutely beautiful. And then all of a sudden...


There was a parade! Obviously celebrating my last evening in Oahu! It was great, there were marching bands, beauty pagent winners and even Ronald McDonald McDonald.



Day Seventeen

And now, after checking out of the hostel, I am lingering in their lounge area, stealing their wifi... Waiting for the bus to take me on the next leg of my adventure!


1 comment: