Friday 15 May 2015

Monument Valley, Utah and Durango, Colorado

Monument Valley, Utah and Durango, Colorado

Day Twenty-Eight

Leaving the Grand Canyon, we headed into Sioux territory, stopping at an Indian Trading Post for native made souvenirs and food. We then drove into the State of Utah and a Reservation to take photos of Monument Valley. We also acted out the scene from Forest Gump where he runs for years then finally decides to stop running. It was pretty cute to do as a group.


After the long drive, we finally arrived in Durango, Colorado in time to eat dinner and head to a local bar. As there were 50 of us and it is a small town, we then proceeded to take over the bar to the point where we scared off the locals. It was a pretty fun night!


Day Twenty-Nine

After a big night out in Durango, and with a free morning to do what ever I desired.... Naturally I did my washing at a local laundromat... It was a dire situation, I had run out of clean undertakings...
After fulfilling my domestic obligations, I took one of the historic trolleys into the centre of town, dropped my laundry off at the coach and took in the fresh mountain air. I made my way down to the river banks and read my book until it was time to leave for Albuquerque, New Mexico. I couldn't have had a better morning!


2 comments: